- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces (approximate)
- Enough olive oil to lightly grease baking tray
- 3 springs of rosemary
- 4 unpeeled but lightly smashed garlic cloves*
- More olive oil to toss the potatoes with
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Place the potato slices in some lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Parboil potatoes for about 5 minutes.
2. Remove and drain. Place potatoes in a colander and toss well to make sure the slices rub against each other.
Leave the colander with the potatoes on top of the pot and allow to steam dry. Pre-heat the oven at 180 C/ 365 F.
3. Add the olive oil and rosemary leaves to the baking tray for tossing of the potatoes. Add the salt. Add the potato
slices and toss well to combine. Add garlic cloves.
4. Roast in oven for about 40 minutes or until tops look crispy and brown. Serve as side dish. Sprinkle more sea salt
on the top before serving. (You can remove the garlic cloves before serving or just leave as it is)